- I encourage clients to schedule sessions between 31 and 36 weeks as you want to be showing and still comfortable.
- If you have cute baby items such as shoes, hats, toys, blankets or onesies, bring them along as they make for adorable props. The same applies to family heirlooms.
- Dedicate time to discover your "look." I will send you a questionnaire that will help with this process and the location will influence your wardrobe as well. You can draw inspiration from my website, Pinterest or social media. The goal is to be comfortable but make sure that your clothing doesn’t detract from your tummy’s shape and your natural glow. Avoid large, bold patterns or logos. Empire waists, drawstrings, flowing tops and wrap dresses are perfect for enhancing your shape. Here are some online boutiques I recommend Baltic Born Shein Pink Blush Mama Bump Rentals
- Treat yourself to a neutral or light colored manicure 1 – 2 days prior to your maternity session so that you can take some beautiful shots with your hands on your tummy.
- Moisturizing those knees, elbows and belly 1 – 2 hours before the session to avoid any shininess or sticky clothes. You should also avoid wearing any tight fitting watches or bracelets that might leave marks on your skin.
- Leave plenty of time for showers, baths, dressing, and grooming (don't forget to steam/iron your outfits). I highly recommend getting your hair and makeup professionally done. There is nothing like the feeling of getting pampered for a photo shoot so let the professionals do the work! I have provided hair and makeup artists I recommend Aliyah Artistry | Miss Marissa Artistry | Rosie Duncan
- Try to be hydrated and bring water to the session. Sometimes we walk a bit and it might be toasty depending on the time of year so having water is key.
- I recommend bringing a bag for keys, wallets, cell phones, sunglasses, snacks, water, etc. I shoot from all angles so we will want to avoid putting any accessories in pockets.
- Finally, do not feel like you need to know what do or how to pose. I GOT YOU! I have worked with hundreds of families/couples and I guarantee that you will feel comfortable and at ease with this experience. Looking forward to working together!